Professional Standards Authority has now published its 2018/19 Annual Report.
The report was laid before Parliament on 27 June 2019 and fulfils PSA’s duty to report to Parliament on their own performance; and the performance of the health and care professional regulators and accredited registers PSA oversee.
The report highlights key areas of PSA’s work in 2018/19, including:
- Scrutinising the regulators’ final fitness to practise determinations and appealing any final decisions believed to be insufficient to protect the public
- Reviewing the performance of the nine health and care professional regulators
- Oversight of the accredited registers programme and continuing efforts to increase awareness of the programme
- The publication of lessons learned review of how the Nursing and Midwifery Council handled complaints against midwives at Furness General Hospital
- Policy and research work including publication of two key pieces of research on duty of candour and sexual behaviours between colleagues.
You can read the highlights summary from the report or download the full report on PSA’s website here.