What will the Register do?
The LSI National Credentialing Register, in collaboration with the NHS and the Academy for Healthcare Science, and powered by MIA, provides a route to protect the public and assure the NHS that company representatives admitted to sensitive areas are properly trained and are fully aware of their responsibilities.
In turn this will ensure the NHS and private sectors fulfil its duty of care to protect patients and ensure safe surgical and clinical outcomes.
The LSI National Credentialing Register, powered by MIA, is an efficient and effective national solution for industry and the NHS.
In providing a route to protect the public and assure the NHS, this Register will;
- Establish, and periodically validate against, minimum acceptable standards for registrants and training provision
- Maintain the required standards of conduct, education, training and health & safety criteria
- Provide a single point for NHS staff and the public to verify an individual’s status against agreed criteria and eligibility to engage with the NHS
- Support Trusts with regard to credentialing and management of conflicts of interest
- Support the improvement of standards without restricting access to approved individuals.
To ensure the highest standards of governance, the Register has been independently accredited by the Professional Standards Authority. This is the same Body that accredits other significant registers: https://www.professionalstandards.org.uk/